potty thoughts

Google
Web pottypal.blogspot.com

Saturday, December 10, 2005

code4bill using linux?!
Code4Bill is a coding contest for indian students.. u can take look @ http://www.code4bill.com for more details..
but the interesting thing that came to my notice is on this page: http://www.microsoft.com/india/code4bill/Eligibility.aspx
@ the bottom of "Who is it meant for" page, there's a tip for participants, which's:

A Tip: You will need to have working knowledge of C/C++ : GCC or CL compilers

[well, I kno GCC doesn't hav to mean linux.. but on windows if u wanna use GCC, it's either MingW or CygWin, which again feels very linuxish to me ;)]

I'm surprised ;)

--UPDATED--
not that it's bad.. look @ my comments for this post..

3 Comments:

  • Well - would you have been happy if we had blocked from using it? :-)

    - Sriram Krishnan
    http://blogs.msdn.com/code4bill
    http://blogs.msdn.com/sriram

    By Blogger Sriram, at December 11, 2005 at 4:44:00 PM GMT+5:30  

  • Add the word 'people' after blocked. Stupid me!

    By Blogger Sriram, at December 11, 2005 at 4:45:00 PM GMT+5:30  

  • well, nope.. my point wasn't that ppl shudn't b allowed from using linux stuff in a microsoft contest.. in fact I'm very happy wit it..

    but my point is that it's very unlike (the typical) microsoft image that's cast upon ppl.. at least the typical microsoft image which I kno of says that microsoft tries to suppress linux wherever it can.. but how true is that? seein the code4bill page made me reconsider my opinion..

    in fact I don't bother much if microsoft tries to suppress linux or not, coz I use both of em neways.. (a healthy competition is always good) but 've seen ppl who hate microsoft for the sole reason that it tries to suppress linux and OSS in general..

    but again, does it? doesn't seem like..

    sorry if I projected a wrong image in my original post :(

    By Blogger CodeMangler, at December 12, 2005 at 12:21:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home