potty thoughts

Google
Web pottypal.blogspot.com

Sunday, December 18, 2005

ah! the poor web server.. it's depressed coz it failed to serve you ;)
who said 404 pages have to be the same old boring "The page you requested wasn't found" ones? well, the ability to send customised error pages for each of the (numerous) HTTP error codes has been there since long.. but I rarely see any bothering to use em..
here's one that uses it in a pretty creative way..
checkout http://www.uvis.nl/404err.php.. u'll discover that even (oops! I dint mean even ;) ) web servers have hearts of their own n cry when they can't serve ur request :)) here's a web server that tells u a long (and sentimental) story for why it couldn't serve u the page u requested, and blah blah.. it's funny for sure..
here's a snip off the server's story...

The requested document is utterly inexistent.
No such page here.
Even tried multi.
Nothing helped.
I'm really depressed about this.
Even more so now that Douglas Adams is dead.
You see, I'm just a web server...
-- here I am, brain the size of the universe,_
trying to serve you a simple web page,
and then it doesn't even exist!
Where does that leave me?!
I mean, I don't even know you.
How should I know what you wanted from me?_
(it continues...)

no wonder if this's the most visited page on the site ;)
what wud u do wit the page? I mean wud u go back, just to see the phunny 404 page? I did..

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home