potty thoughts

Google
Web pottypal.blogspot.com

Monday, February 13, 2006

The Mensa test
finally, the much awaited Mensa Test was today (hmm.. that's 12-02-2006, Sunday n not the posting date.. clock ticks past midnight twelve and it's the next day already.. huh!), conducted by Mensa Bangalore..
much to my surprise, there were no mathematical questions! every other IQ test that I've seen gives some mathematical problems.. neither were there any verbal questions! that was quite surprising to me after seeing many other IQ tests..

all the questions were diagrammatic/visual or whatever you call them (there's a term for that but I don't remember).. it's kinda reasonable coz they wanna be fair to everyone.. missing math questions can be attributed to the reason that not everyone could be good at math.. I mean that the Science/Financial stream guys would be more comfortable with math than the Arts stream ppl.. but I couldn't see a reason why there were no verbal tests.. well, there could be one reason.. ppl might not be very good at some language, the language in this case being English.. hmm.. thinking that way, I can even argue that ppl might not be good at solving pictorial sequences coz of some reason.. well, that kinda sounds dumb tho.. neways, that way, the test should've had the verbal and mathematical questions.. doesn't matter if that appears biased.. coz if you really try to be fair, then you'll have to eliminate every other question ;) so I think it'd be better if they follow the standard format..

there were no explicit logical reasoning questions either, but solving the pictorial sequences involved enough logical reasoning to justify not having a dedicated section labelled Logical Reasoning :D

I think I didn't do well in the test.. wasn't much prepared.. but neways, the result'll be out in 6 weeks.. (dunno why they've to take 6 weeks to evaluate, say around 250-300 papers)

I remember reading somewhere that a proper IQ test should assess all your abilities and each one of these tests is for one of those abilities.. so after the test, I left the hall feeling a bit of incompleteness.. neways

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home