potty thoughts

Google
Web pottypal.blogspot.com

Friday, September 09, 2005

my (short term?) laptop
well, last week I got a new laptop from my company. when they first told us of its specs, I thought it was a cheap crap, and good for nothing. but after having it, i feel its not all that bad. in fact its pretty good! [particularly after seeing Napster use a Dell in The Italian Job :)) ] its a Dell Latitude D505. has a 1.8GHz Pentium Mobile, 512MB RAM and a 40G HD. comes with 3 n/w interfaces! one is the regular one. one is IEEE 1394 (FireWire) and the other is Wireless. all Intel chipset, onboard things. tho I had to try a little hard to convince my Whoppix that there's a wireless interface ;)
now that I heard I can no more use this laptop coz I'm movin to client side and I'm not allowed to connect my 'personal' machine to client network. yea, I agree. they're stupid. if I really wanna steal, I can do it anyway, with or without a laptop, and irrespective of the monitors they use. I hate these people when they get paranoid and do things which just don't make sense!
fine.. now that I might have to gie back my laptop (coz I can't use it anyway), I thought of listing out the first things I did on this laptop :)

First song played: Eiffel65 - I'm Blue
First movie played: X-Files
First game installed: Painkiller
First game that failed to run: Painkiller ;)
First game to successfully run: UT2004 (runs pretty smooth)
First linux distro installed: Yoper
First site visited: yahoomail/gmail/orkut
First application (I) installed: IDA Pro 4.8 (or rather copied and ran)
First application to run: Lotus Notes (bad!) / WMP


(I'll add others as and when I remember) ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home