potty thoughts

Google
Web pottypal.blogspot.com

Saturday, July 01, 2006

oh.. I lost a Scorpio :D..
u're given 15 days to secure a simple application n there's a Scorpio for gettin it right.. what'd u do? start on it from day 1? well, not if u're me :D..
guess a Scorpio wasn't enough to motivate me.. or probably I was being overconfident :D.. the problem was quite easy too.. easy enough to make me overconfident..
so, due to various (silly, nonsensical) reasons, I started on it at abt 5 hours prior to submission deadline :D.. at abt 6:30 PM on a Monday with the deadline being midnight that day.. as u can tell, I couldn't finish it :D.. submitted the solution with a lot of obvious security bugs.. I shud've realized that nobody gives a Scorpio for a task that can be done in 5 hrs ;)..

it's been well over a month since the results are out.. but havent been able to write abt this since then.. I broke my leg (now don't ask me how'd that prevent me from bloggin ;) ) followed by my shoulder.. my shoulder's still to get an okay from the doctor.. neways, now that I decided to write somthin, this was the most logical entry to make.. n this' also for the ppl who bugged me for the final results :P ..

generally, the contest was quite easy.. probably coz this was the first time.. spend two hrs online and u clear the first two stages.. spend another two-three days and u can easily get thru the final stage (now, I really mean this part.. it's not my overconfidence again :D ).. the application to fix for the final stage was quite easy.. not much of a hassle to fix it.. the best part of the contest's that the prizes are accumulative :) .. still dunno who got the Scorpio.. but I got an 80G xternal HDD (for bein in top 100), a voucher to get a Microsoft Security Certification (for top 500), a book on Secure Code Writing (for top 1000) and a junk CD containing nothing that I could find useful (for top 5000) :D..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home